I feel like the all caps are accurate for this post. More often than not I care too much about what people think. I touched on this a little in my last post but I felt like I should elaborate a bit more. My entire life I’ve felt slightly out of place with what my end goal would be. It started out with me wanting to be a doctor (I hate blood) to a businesswoman (just like my Dad). I hated both of those directions but figured it was better than being my artsy self… wrong. I ended up taking a big detour just because I was scared of being my true self and what people would think if I didn’t have a clearly defined path.
When I first met Ben I had a pretty different style. I loved colour and patterns and weird combinations (I had a vintage Mickey Mouse shirt and a studded belt that I loved way too much. OH and these super colourful sneakers <3). I would get made fun of by my family – not in a mean sort of way but enough that I actually stopped wearing some of my favourite things. I chose to conform and follow trends; now don’t get me wrong I love trends and fashion and all that but I do love throwing in my own crazy piece as well. This is something I haven’t really done in a very long time. I’m trying to change that. I recently purchased a fun dress that I will soon reveal and I have my eye on this beautiful jean jacket.
I feel like I am slowly becoming my true self and it’s very exciting. I want to encourage you to make a list of things you love that others might not and do it. Be you, the real you and fuck the rest.
Here’s my list
- who cares if I’m not super skinny
- who cares if my clothes clash at times (purple pants anyone)
- who cares if I dye my hair purple and pink
- who cares if I wear a dress with dogs all over it for the arrival of my new puppy (it’s true, you’ll see)
- who cares if I like to go to bed early & therefore leave the party before everyone else
- who cares if I don’t feel like drinking when everyone else does
- who cares if I love chips too much and definitely need to work it off (yes I do)
The list could go on but these are things that I am working on accepting about myself. Hope you enjoy this blog and these pretty awesome photos.
Who cares if I want to come home and be a unicorm and confuse the crap out of my dog.3